If you are looking for a ceremony set against sweeping mountain views of Mt. Greylock, followed by an indoor celebration inside a newly restored dairy barn, this hidden gem is the ideal location for your western Massachusetts wedding venue.
This working dairy farm is nestled in the beautiful foothills of the Berkshires and primarily serves as a dairy farm with an organic cheesemaking operation. Most recently, they renovated a one hundred year-old barn in hopes of sharing their property's everyday beauty for exclusive weddings and events. While celebrations up to 150 guests can be hosted inside the barn, larger events can experience something fully outdoor, starting with a hilltop ceremony, followed by a cocktail hour on the terraced farmhouse garden and pasture, and an outdoor tented reception for up to 250 guests.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Outdoors only.
- Open Flame Policy: Open flames/candles upon request and with approval from local fire department.
- Pet Policy: Dog or cats of bride and groom only (outdoors only). Must be leashed. Unleashed pets considered upon request.
- Fireworks: Not authorized due to MA state law.
- Trash and Recycling: Couples responsible for consolidating in designated area.
- Bonfires: Authorized in on-site fire-pit.
- Parking: No parking on lawn for any reason.
- Itinerary: Couple must upload weekend itinerary to their online profile two weeks prior to event.
- Noise: No amplified music or loud noise after 11pm.
- Vehicle Access: Vendor and limited vehicle access authorized to transport equipment or guests to upper field ceremony site.
- Fire Detail: Firefighter presence required for all indoor events (one for events of up to 99 guests, 2 for events with 100 or more guests). Clients are responsible for paying the fire marshals $25 per marshal per hour, via personal check, on the day of the Event.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.