Located in Marblehead, MA, Jeremiah Lee Mansion is a gorgeous colonial home built back in 1768 by the wealthiest merchant in Massachusetts at that time. Many of the decorative elements have been preserved, including historic furnishings from 18th century Boston, Salem & Marblehead.
For your wedding, host your ceremony under your own custom built archway in the sundial gardens, explicitly laid out to match the mansion's overhead belvedere. Later, transition into a cocktail hour surrounded by the on-site herb garden, birch trees, hemlocks, and a blooming tulip tree. End the evening under your outdoor tented reception outlined by natural green shrubbery and manicured gardens.
The gardens are directly maintained by the Marblehead Garden Club, a volunteer group established in 1936; not only are they beautiful, but are historically accurate, making this a rare find within the Massachusetts' North Shore.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: Not permitted
- Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
- Decorations: No zip-ties or duck tape on fence.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Limited on-site disposal available at offices across the street. Caterers must take food and bar waste.
- Parking: No on-site parking. Surrounding streets offer 2-hr parking except for Sundays. Shuttles recommended. Police detail with shuttles required by town.
- Noise: No amplified music past 10pm.
- Kitchen Access: Prior coordination required for locking and unlocking.
- Police Detail: Required when utilizing shuttles for drop off and pick up.
- Indoor Access: Limited access considered upon request for formal wedding portraits or quick gown change between ceremony and reception. No indoor preparation space available.
Marblehead noise ordinance: 10:00pm.