Located in Marblehead, MA, Jeremiah Lee Mansion is a gorgeous colonial home built back in 1768 by the wealthiest merchant in Massachusetts at that time. Many of the decorative elements have been preserved, including historic furnishings from 18th century Boston, Salem & Marblehead.
For your wedding, host your ceremony under your own custom built archway in the sundial gardens, explicitly laid out to match the mansion's overhead belvedere. Later, transition into a cocktail hour surrounded by the on-site herb garden, birch trees, hemlocks, and a blooming tulip tree. End the evening under your outdoor tented reception outlined by natural green shrubbery and manicured gardens.
The gardens are directly maintained by the Marblehead Garden Club, a volunteer group established in 1936; not only are they beautiful, but are historically accurate, making this a rare find within the Massachusetts' North Shore.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 10 pm
- Smoking Policy: Not permitted
- Open Flame Policy: Not permitted.
- Decorations: No zip-ties or duck tape on fence.
- Fireworks: Not permitted.
- Trash and Recycling: Limited on-site disposal available at offices across the street. Caterers must take food and bar waste.
- Parking: No on-site parking. Surrounding streets offer 2-hr parking except for Sundays. Shuttles recommended. Police detail with shuttles required by town.
- Noise: No amplified music past 10pm.
- Kitchen Access: Prior coordination required for locking and unlocking.
- Police Detail: Required when utilizing shuttles for drop off and pick up.
- Indoor Access: Limited access considered upon request for formal wedding portraits or quick gown change between ceremony and reception. No indoor preparation space available.
Marblehead noise ordinance: 10:00pm.
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.