Welcome to a sheep farm with large open pastures in the northeastern Berkshires. Turning off the quiet road, you park in front of a quaint New England farmhouse. As you walk around the house, you come to face an enclosed pasture dotted with a small herd of grass-fed sheep. Down behind the sheep pasture sits 25 acres of meadows and woods, including three large spaces, which would make beautiful wedding settings.
First, the upper field borders the sheep pasture and looks back to the house, boasting 180-degree views out over the Berkshires. If you walk across the upper field and down a gradual hill you land in the lower field, large enough to accommodate up to 125 guests. Surrounded by maples and oaks on four sides, this large field has been the home to many outdoor concerts as the owner is a musician. The majority of the field is used as a hay field from June 1st through September 5th, but even during those months there is a clearing towards the top of the field large enough for 100 guests. The gem of the property is “the knoll” a large grassy clearing at the bottom of the property, surrounded by tall pine trees, the perfect option for couples looking for a woodland ceremony.
This property sits five miles south of the Vermont border in the sleepy town of Heath, MA, just 10 minutes from Charlemont, a hillside town located along the Deerfield River. First settled in 1744, Charlemont today is still home to many working farms, as well as a few nice hotels and restaurants. For nature lovers and adventure seekers, the area offers whitewater rafting, mountain biking, zip lining, and lots of hiking trails.
3 bedrooms2 bathrooms
Large, well-equipped kitchen. Game room with ping-pong and pool table. Large rooms for entertaining. Access to nearby Rowe Pond (Pelham Lake) with its wonderful swimming beach. Cleaning fee and security deposit. Extra bedroom and bath available upon request for an additional fee, allowing 8-10 occupancy.
Prices vary by season
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
From June 1st through September 5th, the middle field is used to grow hay, so can only accommodate 100 guests.
- Event End Time: 11 pm
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.