Just a half hour from Boston, The Manor at Blue Hills is the classic colonial location for your elegant tented reception. With 44 acres of property and a restored historical mansion, you'll fall in love with its simplistic charm and landscaped grounds. Labeled "The Land of the Great Hill" by the Native Americans that once resided here, the The Manor at Blue Hills boasts lush green land at the foot of the Blue Hills reservation area.
On your wedding day, host your wedding party inside one of the manor's historically decorated rooms, followed by an outdoors ceremony against a stone terrace wall. Transition indoors to the manor's large foyer and to the upper terrace for an indoor/outdoor free flowing cocktail hour, and then dance the night away under a tented reception on the back lawn.
Excited about giving back? The Manor at Blue Hills uses all wedding proceeds to help preserve its open space, educate visitors on the history of the land, and host community events open to the public.
Mayflower Venues and the host have set some rules that you will be asked to agree to upon booking.
Venue Rental Policies
Open to late night reception hours upon request.
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Smoking Policy: Smoking authorized in designated areas.
- Open Flame Policy: Wedding torches and bonfires authorized with approved permit from local fire department.
Must obtain security detail through the venue for $40 an hour.
Police detail required for events over 125 guests.
Catering Permit/Certificate required from Canton Board of Health
Propane requires permit from Canton Fire Department
Tent requires exit signs and fire extinguishers and permit from the Canton Building Inspector
Minimum of 1 x ADA compliant restroom must be rented in accordance with approved venue permit.
Property Release Form generated for each event after all licenses, certificates, permits, and insurance is in place and must be signed by couple.
General Rental Policies?
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.