Home to acres of flowers, a small orchard, and several horses, this farm is one of the few farms surrounding Newport Rhode Island. The owners have maintained this farm for over six generations with the newest generation still growing up on and working the farm.
For your wedding, you'll find a partitioned tree-lined field in the back of the farm complete with stone wall remnants of this farm's ancient roots. Here, you can host an intimate ceremony beneath the shade of a historic oak tree after emerging from two rows of glistening apple and pear trees forming a flowering or fruit=filled canopy. Next, walk the grounds for a free flowing cocktail hour and end the evening with an outdoor tented reception for you and your closest family and friends.
Depending on season, you might enjoy hay fields cut with a path of winding mazes, seasonal floral, or luscious lawns, and if you're lucky, catch a glimpse of Narragansett Bay in the distance.
Venue Rental Policies
- Event End Time: 11 pm
- Event Start Time: 12 pm
- Smoking Policy: Authorized in designated area only.
- Open Flame Policy: Not authorized.
- Pet Policy: Generally not permitted. Considered on a case by case basis. i.e. dog of bride or groom for ceremony only.
- Decorations: No specific restrictions.
- Fireworks: Not authorized.
- Trash and Recycling: Trash must be placed in Portsmouth specific orange bags that can be purchased at local hardware store. Recycling may be mixed and must be placed into clear bags for easy identification. All bags are to be placed in venue designated area.
- Parking: Onsite parking is limited to 10 vehicles to include vendor staff.
- Noise: Live or amplified music end no later than 10:00 PM.
- Alcohol: All alcohol shall be served only by TIPS certified and insured vendors.
- Police Detail: Required for events in greater than 100 guests.
Venue limited to 4 events per year.
General Rental Policies
- Insurance: Renters must secure a minimum $1M Special Event Liability Insurance liability policy from an approved vendor, or obtained through Mayflower Venues directly within 30 days of their event.
- Security Deposit: In case of damages, Mayflower requires a $1,000 security deposit before any event.
- Alcohol: Compliance with all local laws regarding alcohol service is required. At a minimum, bartenders must be certified and insured. Licensing must be in accordance with state laws.
- Caterers: All caterers must be licensed and insured. Outside caterers permitted unless otherwise noted.
- Vendors: All selected vendors must be certified, licensed and insured, and provide supporting documentation.
- Trash and Recycling: Renters are responsible for cleaning and returning the venue to its original condition. This includes consolidation and disposal of all waste and recycling in accordance with venue rules, including food and alcohol waste, floral, decor, and signage. Renters must also remove any large temporary structures brought onto the property for their event. Failure to do so, may result in a security deposit deduction.
- Restrooms: Couples must rent a minimum of 1 restroom per 100 guests.
- Tents: Outdoor venues require tent reservations to ensure adequate rain plan.