Mayflower Venues: A High Impact, Consumer Facing, Tech Startup
The Mayflower Venues platform and event planning toolkit empower couples to create truly customized events using blank canvas spaces that reflect their values. These events in turn help to preserve the unique, open spaces (farms, family estates, orchards etc.) across New England. All team members are given the latitude to build, test and develop the processes and products they think will create the best experience for customers. You will be part of a fast moving and high impact role with lots of room to learn, grow and lead — working directly with our CEO, Head of Platform Operations and Head of Platform Technology to develop new products and shape future strategy and of the company.
Learn about our leadership team: , , and
Join the Team
Sales Lead - Venues
The Sales Lead will be in charge of identifying, selling and onboarding new Mayflower venues as well as developing processes and tools to make future venue sales efforts more repeatable and scalable. Once closed, you will onboard these venues yourself, doing onsite visits to use our proprietary “venue onboarding app” that collects property data to generate venue specific schematics and planning tools to simplify remote planning logistics for couples. As we grow, you will help develop a platform that allows individuals, such as photographers, to use our tools to onboard identified venues directly. You will work directly with our CEO and Head of Platform Operations to set expansion strategy and build new products to support venue growth.
- Identify, contact and acquire additional venues for the Mayflower Venues platform
- Create efficient and repeatable sales process for identify and signing venues
- Grow our potential venue pipeline by improving our current venue identification system based on your sales outreach efforts (cold emails, cold calls, marketing fliers)
- Travel to venues for onboarding and photographing (car and camera provided)
- Support certain Mayflower couples to ensure selected venues were properly onboarded and meeting expectation
- Identify key needs of couples that should be built into our planning tools
- Collaborate cross-functionally with engineering team to build and design these consumer facing features
Essential Skill/Experience Requirements:
- Sales Experience -- ability to clearly articulate our product and inspire venues to join
- Highly process oriented and organized
- Capable of sales data analysis to identify market trends, customer insights etc.
- Passion for the company -- be excited about the mission and product we are building!
- Hustle oriented! Nothing great ever got done without some hustle.
- Event Production Experience
- Forecasting and Modeling - Excel
- Marketing/Advertising - creating effective marketing materials
Full Stack Software Engineering and Product Lead
Want to make it easy for engaged couples to find a non-traditional wedding venue and coordinate their wedding remotely? Want to design the product that preserves open spaces by efficiently enabling them to be used for weddings?
We are a fast growing consumer tech company based in Boston, MA, looking for passionate software engineers to help take our product and technology to the next level. As a member of our small team you will have an enormous impact on both our customers and our business.
If you are looking for a place where you can go heads down and code all day every day, this is not the job for you. We need someone excited about getting close to the customer and taking full product ownership; turning a customer problem into a full stack working solution.
Our modern web stack includes React, React Native, GraphQL, NodeJS, SASS, AWS and MySQL but it is up to you to make sure we are using the best tools for the job.
- Build new features/products from scratch. Product design → MVP and beyond
- Talk with couples to ensure our products align with their need
- Visit venues to field test onboarding technology and learn from our venue hosts
- Generate and validate new product ideas
- Build tools to make our company move faster
- Refactor and improve our codebase, dev ops, and use of cloud technologies
Essential Skill/Experience Requirements:
- Experience as a full stack software engineer
- Interest in product / user experience design
- Ability to learn and work quickly
- Excited about meeting and learning from the customer
- Passionate about our mission
- Experience with a JS Framework (React, Elm, etc)
- Comfortable with database design and writing SQL queries
- Experience with Graphic Design or UI/UX
- Google Map/GIS experience or knowledge of spatial math
- Experience creating Native Apps (React Native, pure iOS or Android)
- Experience using AWS or other cloud platforms
Elsewhere in the U.S.
Want to join Mayflower as we grow? We are looking for territory owners to build their own Mayflower Venues team in the following regions:
Mayflower Venues will provide a custom platform, venue onboarding toolkit and marketing support for your region. Over time you will be empowered to improve your local marketing and onboarding tools as well as lead hiring to grow your own venue and events support team. You will grow our network of premier open spaces in your region to become the next generation of truly unique and bespoke venues.
Call Us: 857-770-1477