Mayflower Venues: A High Impact, Consumer Facing, Tech Startup
We build technology that allows couples to create truly personalized weddings at the most unique spaces (farms, summer camps, estates etc.) across the Northeast.
Our proprietary Mayflower Venues onboarding app collects a unique set of spatial data at each property to generate a venue specific planning tool that simplifies all the major logistics (parking, bathrooms, tents, lighting etc.) needed to host an event. This planning tool is then customized to fit the personal wedding vision (size, style, timeline, budget etc.) of each booked couple. By solving the fundamental event logistics online, we free couples to focus on the creative and artistic expression of the event.
Our venues and planning tools offer couples the creativity of a full DIY wedding without the overwhelming logistics. We call it a DIT, or Do-It-Together, wedding.
Our DIT weddings are disrupting the $72B+ wedding industry with technology that puts couples' needs first.
Learn about our team: , , , , and
Venue Sales and Success Lead
Casey has always "loved love" (as corny as that sounds)! She graduated from Endicott College with an Hospitality & Event Management Degree and went right into wedding planning at a premier wedding venue. Wanting to learn a bit more about sales, Casey went right into B2B Sales at Wayfair (yes- with Wesley!) and then was able to land her dream job at Mayflower that tied together both her love for weddings & sales. Now, Casey is in charge of partnering with nontraditional wedding venues all over New England - bringing couples exclusive and customizable venues so they are able to have the wedding they've always dreamed of!
Chief Executive Officer
Sam, a lifelong New Englander, loves to hike, fish, and spend time with family. He brings six years of sales and marketing experience from his time at Google along with degrees from MIT’s Sloan School of Management and Dartmouth College. When he is not camping, skiing or otherwise outdoors, Sam leads Mayflower’s marketing and sales division where he can apply his love of land to preserving open spaces across New England.
Head of Platform Operations
Kelly is what Mayflower likes to call their “creative wedding guru!” She comes to Mayflower with 13 years of professional large-scale event planning experience where she loved unlocking the creativity of each unique client. Kelly thrives on building strong customer relationships and is driven to enhance each customer interaction with streamlined support and superior service. She is wild about the outdoors, and whether hiking, biking, snowboarding, or surfing, you can be sure she’s checking off her next adventure with a smile on her face!
Head of Platform Technology
While most of us were playing tag, Wesley was learning everything and anything tech! Coding professionally since high school, Wesley graduated from WPI in 2013 and was hired at Wayfair where he handled everything from leading a product focused team, to developing features such as their iconic “idea board” from scratch! Wesley brings experience with large scale websites, e-commerce, and customer centric development and is pumped to make it easy for couples to find unique venues, plan their weddings efficiently, and celebrate in an authentic way.
General Manager; New York Region
Although a Paris-native, Lauren has lived in NYC most of her life. She always knew she was going to be in the business of creating magic and memories. Lauren is an accomplished entrepreneur and founder of Loli Events, a decade-old B2C NYC/Paris wedding planning business focusing on luxury and hospitality. She is an organizer with a belief in lead-by-example, who thrives on collaboration and creativity. Lover of traveling, nature, watercolor-painting, dogs and being in the moment.
Join the Team
Customer Activation Lead
The Mayflower Venues Customer Activation Lead manages the experience of inbound couples to our site through booking their nontraditional venue. The primary objective of this role will be to develop a process, or system of processes, to increase venue bookings by already onsite users. Your job will be to work directly with inbound couples to quickly understand their desired wedding day, articulate the Mayflower product experience and match them to their ideal venue -- a passion for wedding design and creativity is a must. You will be charged with developing a robust data infrastructure to document and track each customer’s goals, needs, and key traits. Over time you will mine this data set for learnings on what experience or features our target couple needs to discover their ideal venue on site. You will then work with our engineering team to create user flows, matching tools, personalization quizzes etc. for couples to be able to self-educate on the Mayflower Venues product and find their ideal venue. You will work directly with the CEO and Head of Engineering.
- Couple Sales -- Work directly with inbound couples to identify and understand their venue and wedding needs. Clearly articulate and explain the Mayflower Venues product and successfully match them to their ideal venue.
- Develop Automated Sales Processes --- Through your sales efforts identify and develop best process to engage users on site and develop user flows through chatbot design, email sequences, etc. to help couples find their venues.
- Create Product Education Experience -- Develop an educational content program for users to learn about the MV product (nontraditional venues, customized online planning tool etc.) and think through finding the right venue for them.
- Implement Activation Marketing Campaigns -- Determine, design and execute marketing campaigns to activate users across email, social media, SEO and offline.
- Data Analysis - Develop a data capture infrastructure (i.e. CRM + Google Analytics) and analyze collected data to recommend product and feature changes to engineering or operations teams.
- Operational Support -- Attend occasional weddings of booked couples as a Mayflower support rep in order to understand the full customer experience.
Preferred Experience: Direct Sales; Marketing/Advertising; Ecommerce Sales; Wedding Coordination
Key Skills: Consultative Sales; Process Creation; Google Analytics; Excel or MySQL; Marketing Strategy, Advertising, Email Marketing, Content Marketing (blog, social)
Full Stack Software Engineer
At Mayflower Venues, we believe that everyone deserves a wedding that truly tells their story. We are convinced that we can make that dream a reality at scale through technology and automation, while at the same time preserving open, natural spaces by providing secondary income to our venue hosts. Our goal is nothing short of a wedding venue revolution.
We are looking for our first full-time engineering hire who will work directly with our Head of Technology to grow our web platform. Are you excited by the idea of using your problem solving and software skills to make a long-lasting impact on couples' lives? Do you dive head-first into new problems, energized by the opportunity to learn quickly? Do you believe in iterating rapidly, considering constant customer feedback, and working together across the entire company to build the best possible product? Do you feel comfortable wearing several hats; writing code, patching immediate bugs, and maintaining AWS-based infrastructure, all while becoming a product expert and helping build the company's future roadmap? If you said "yes" to most of those questions, this is likely the role for you.
- Building new features from scratch, taking a customer need through design to prototype and iterating on it until customers love it.
- Automating business processes so that we can do more with less people.
- Contributing to our internal tooling so that we can move even faster.
- Participating in the entire product design process.
You’ll be phenomenal in this role if you:
- Dive into problems with an excitement to learn rather than a fear of the unknown.
- Feel comfortable working autonomously and growing a guiding knowledge of the business and product goals.
- Have an interest in product and user experience (UX) design.
- React, GraphQL, SASS
- NodeJS, MySQL, Redis
- AWS (many fully managed services and Lambda functions)
Beyond Boston Roles
Want to join Mayflower as we grow? We are looking for territory owners to build their own Mayflower Venues team in the following regions:
Mayflower Venues will provide a custom platform, venue onboarding toolkit and marketing support for your region. Over time you will be empowered to improve your local marketing and onboarding tools as well as lead hiring to grow your own venue and events support team. You will grow our network of premier open spaces in your region to become the next generation of truly unique and bespoke venues.
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)