Mayflower Venues: A High Impact, Consumer Facing, Tech Startup
We build technology that allows couples to create truly personalized weddings at the most unique spaces (farms, summer camps, estates etc.) across the Northeast.
Our proprietary Mayflower Venues onboarding app collects a unique set of spatial data at each property to generate a venue specific planning tool that simplifies all the major logistics (parking, bathrooms, tents, lighting etc.) needed to host an event. This planning tool is then customized to fit the personal wedding vision (size, style, timeline, budget etc.) of each booked couple. By solving the fundamental event logistics online, we free couples to focus on the creative and artistic expression of the event.
Our venues and planning tools offer couples the creativity of a full DIY wedding without the overwhelming logistics. We call it a DIT, or Do-It-Together, wedding.
Our DIT weddings are disrupting the $72B+ wedding industry with technology that puts couples' needs first.
Learn about our team: , , , , and
Venue Sales and Success Lead
Casey has always "loved love" (as corny as that sounds)! She graduated from Endicott College with an Hospitality & Event Management Degree and went right into wedding planning at a premier wedding venue. Wanting to learn a bit more about sales, Casey went right into B2B Sales at Wayfair (yes- with Wesley!) and then was able to land her dream job at Mayflower that tied together both her love for weddings & sales. Now, Casey is in charge of partnering with nontraditional wedding venues all over New England - bringing couples exclusive and customizable venues so they are able to have the wedding they've always dreamed of!
Chief Executive Officer
Sam, a lifelong New Englander, loves to hike, fish, and spend time with family. He brings six years of sales and marketing experience from his time at Google along with degrees from MIT’s Sloan School of Management and Dartmouth College. When he is not camping, skiing or otherwise outdoors, Sam leads Mayflower’s marketing and sales division where he can apply his love of land to preserving open spaces across New England.
Head of Platform Operations
Kelly is what Mayflower likes to call their “creative wedding guru!” She comes to Mayflower with 13 years of professional large-scale event planning experience where she loved unlocking the creativity of each unique client. Kelly thrives on building strong customer relationships and is driven to enhance each customer interaction with streamlined support and superior service. She is wild about the outdoors, and whether hiking, biking, snowboarding, or surfing, you can be sure she’s checking off her next adventure with a smile on her face!
Head of Platform Technology
While most of us were playing tag, Wesley was learning everything and anything tech! Coding professionally since high school, Wesley graduated from WPI in 2013 and was hired at Wayfair where he handled everything from leading a product focused team, to developing features such as their iconic “idea board” from scratch! Wesley brings experience with large scale websites, e-commerce, and customer centric development and is pumped to make it easy for couples to find unique venues, plan their weddings efficiently, and celebrate in an authentic way.
Customer Activation Lead
Molly comes to Mayflower Venues with five years of marketing and client relationship management experience. She is a lover of fostering customer relationships and cultivating client strategy to uncover the ultimate path towards success. Molly, like Casey and Wesley, spent a few years at Wayfair, where she focused on supplier relationship management and marketing. She’s a go-getter that always has a smile on her face. When she isn’t at work you can find Molly working out at her favorite spin studio, spending quality time with family and friends, making a floral arrangement or rearranging her room to show off her latest home decor purchase!
Join the Team
Full Stack Software Engineer
At Mayflower Venues, we believe that everyone deserves a wedding that truly tells their story. We are convinced that we can make that dream a reality at scale through technology and automation, while at the same time preserving open, natural spaces by providing secondary income to our venue hosts. Our goal is nothing short of a wedding venue revolution.
We are looking for our first full-time engineering hire who will work directly with our Head of Technology to grow our web platform. Are you excited by the idea of using your problem solving and software skills to make a long-lasting impact on couples' lives? Do you dive head-first into new problems, energized by the opportunity to learn quickly? Do you believe in iterating rapidly, considering constant customer feedback, and working together across the entire company to build the best possible product? Do you feel comfortable wearing several hats; writing code, patching immediate bugs, and maintaining AWS-based infrastructure, all while becoming a product expert and helping build the company's future roadmap? If you said "yes" to most of those questions, this is likely the role for you.
- Building new features from scratch, taking a customer need through design to prototype and iterating on it until customers love it.
- Automating business processes so that we can do more with less people.
- Contributing to our internal tooling so that we can move even faster.
- Participating in the entire product design process.
You’ll be phenomenal in this role if you:
- Dive into problems with an excitement to learn rather than a fear of the unknown.
- Feel comfortable working autonomously and growing a guiding knowledge of the business and product goals.
- Have an interest in product and user experience (UX) design.
- React, GraphQL, SASS
- NodeJS, MySQL, Redis
- AWS (many fully managed services and Lambda functions)
The Mayflower Venues Product Manager is charged with identifying, managing the development of and communicating the implementation strategy of new products and features for our customers. The customers include users on both sides of the platform (event bookers and venue hosts). In order to identify these needs you will spend one third to half of your time working directly with customers -- supporting booked events, jumping into sales calls, and talking with our venue hosts -- to thoroughly and deeply understand their needs. No product or feature development can happen without being led by customer needs. Furthermore, the most high value project implementations may include development of new internal tools for operations and sales staff. For this reason the Product Manager will sit at the intersection of our sales, operations and engineering teams. This is a highly cross functional role.
The Product Manager will be deeply fluent in data analysis, user-led design thinking, and managing both customer and internal relationships to help drive product roadmap across the organization. This role is about three things: understanding and supporting customer needs, leveraging data to understand the impact of potential new features, and then ruthlessly prioritizing which features should be developed first.
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Operational Customer Support -- you will be working directly with customers frequently; you should be able to help them reach their best possible solution while also identifying their needs and goals. Attend occasional weddings of booked couples and visit venue partners as a Mayflower support rep in order to understand the full customer experience.
- Identify and Document User Needs -- share your learnings on what customers want and are willing to pay for with internal teams (sales, operations, engineering)
- Data Analytics -- leverage site analytics to inform conversion funnel optimizations and product or feature needs by traffic, cohorts etc.
- Create and Execute Test Experiments -- from ads to landing pages to product features across owned, paid and earned media. A/B testing.
- Ability to Prioritize Product Roadmap -- inevitably there will be many features customers want at any given time. How do you determine which ones are the priority for the company to build and then how do you align your engineering, sales or operations teams to support that?
- Execute Product -- many features and updates may not require full investment from other teams to deliver. In these cases, be prepared to own and implement your own updates to product.
- Product Management, Startups, Familiarity with ecommerce, Familiarity with software and web development
- Design Thinking, Product Design, Consultative Sales; Process Creation; Google Analytics; Excel or MySQL, Operations Management
Beyond Boston Roles
Want to join Mayflower as we grow? We are looking for territory owners to build their own Mayflower Venues team in the following regions:
Mayflower Venues will provide a custom platform, venue onboarding toolkit and marketing support for your region. Over time you will be empowered to improve your local marketing and onboarding tools as well as lead hiring to grow your own venue and events support team. You will grow our network of premier open spaces in your region to become the next generation of truly unique and bespoke venues.
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)