Mayflower Venues: A High Impact, Consumer Facing, Tech Startup
We build technology that allows couples to create truly personalized weddings at the most unique spaces (farms, summer camps, estates etc.) across the Northeast.
Our proprietary Mayflower Venues onboarding app collects a unique set of spatial data at each property to generate a venue specific planning tool that simplifies all the major logistics (parking, bathrooms, tents, lighting etc.) needed to host an event. This planning tool is then customized to fit the personal wedding vision (size, style, timeline, budget etc.) of each booked couple. By solving the fundamental event logistics online, we free couples to focus on the creative and artistic expression of the event.
Our venues and planning tools offer couples the creativity of a full DIY wedding without the overwhelming logistics. We call it a DIT, or Do-It-Together, wedding.
Our DIT weddings are disrupting the $72B+ wedding industry with technology that puts couples' needs first.
Learn about our team: , , , Alex, Meaghan, and
Head of Platform Technology
While most of us were playing tag, Wesley was learning everything and anything tech! Coding professionally since high school, Wesley graduated from WPI in 2013 and was hired at Wayfair where he handled everything from leading a product focused team, to developing features such as their iconic “idea board” from scratch! Wesley brings experience with large scale websites, e-commerce, and customer centric development and is pumped to make it easy for couples to find unique venues, plan their weddings efficiently, and celebrate in an authentic way.
Chief Executive Officer
Sam, a lifelong New Englander, loves to hike, fish, and spend time with family. He brings six years of sales and marketing experience from his time at Google along with degrees from MIT’s Sloan School of Management and Dartmouth College. When he is not camping, skiing or otherwise outdoors, Sam leads Mayflower’s marketing and sales division where he can apply his love of land to preserving open spaces across New England.
Customer Activation Lead
Molly comes to Mayflower Venues with five years of marketing and client relationship management experience. She is a lover of fostering customer relationships and cultivating client strategy to uncover the ultimate path towards success. Molly, like Casey and Wesley, spent a few years at Wayfair, where she focused on supplier relationship management and marketing. She’s a go-getter that always has a smile on her face. When she isn’t at work you can find Molly working out at her favorite spin studio, spending quality time with family and friends, making a floral arrangement or rearranging her room to show off her latest home decor purchase!
Head of Platform Operations
Kelly is what Mayflower likes to call their “creative wedding guru!” She comes to Mayflower with 13 years of professional large-scale event planning experience where she loved unlocking the creativity of each unique client. Kelly thrives on building strong customer relationships and is driven to enhance each customer interaction with streamlined support and superior service. She is wild about the outdoors, and whether hiking, biking, snowboarding, or surfing, you can be sure she’s checking off her next adventure with a smile on her face!
Join the Team
Venue Sales Territory Owner
The Venue Sales Territory Owner is charged with driving sales of new venues to join the Mayflower Venues platform in their region. The scope of the role encompasses all elements of sales strategy from lead identification, to sales outreach, and account management until a venue is closed and fully onboarded to the Mayflower platform. The Venue Sales Territory Owner will be able to work within the existing sales processes we have found successful while also being capable to test new strategies and approaches they may identify as more suited for their territory -- run effective A/B tests on new sales approaches from lead identification to email outreach to call scripts. The ideal candidate is eager to create and develop better sales processes that yield great venue partnerships more scalably. The Venue Sales Territory Owner should be adept at documenting these processes and practices so that they can be rolled out to, easily understood and quickly implemented by new sales development reps as the company opens new markets. You will report to the Director of Venue Sales and Onboarding and work cross functionally with our product and venue engineer teams.
- Lead Identification -- Identifying new venues that fit the Mayflower Venues model. Develop outreach methods, marketing materials etc. to bring leads into your sales funnel - whether that is inbound or outbound.
- Venue Sales -- This is not enterprise sales, our venue partners are SMBs that are able to join the platform and move through the sales process efficiently. However, it also not B2C sales where a sale is closed in a single interaction. The product is technical and often requires a series of interactions and relationships to get a venue to sign - this can be done via phone, email, video calls and/or venue visits.
- Process Creation -- Efficiently identify best practices in your sales approach, document those practices, test them against alternative methods you create and ultimately document them for others to leverage
- Product Feedback -- Tie your frontline learnings of venue owners’ pain points and goals into feedback on our product and recommendations. Collate and share your learnings with our venue account management and engineering teams to improve our product for our venue partners going forward.
- 2+ years sales experience
- Startup Sales Experience; B2B and B2C Sales; CRM Familiarity (Hubspot, Salesforce etc.); Business Development; Outbound Sales; Account Management
- Process Oriented; Goal Motivated; Analytical; Persistence; Creativity; Effective Communicator
Venue Operations Expert
The Venue Operations Expert is charged with ensuring customers (couples, venues, and vendors) are able to create successful events by effectively using Mayflower Venues’ online planning tools. Key to achieving success in this role will be working with venue hosts to maintain current data in our planning tools for each property. This will require reaching out to, and sometimes visiting, previously onboarded venues to capture new property data and learnings as we continually improve our tools. You will help couples understand how to use and navigate their Mayflower Venues planning toolkit. You can expect to work directly with couples on a daily basis -- helping understand their needs, identify solutions to their questions about the venue. Overtime, turn your learnings into recommendations for tool or process improvements to answer these questions more scalably. To this end you will work directly with our Head of Platform Operations and one of our engineering leads to iterate and develop event support processes to create an ever more efficient and scalable system of support.
- Venue Account Management -- Develop and maintain host relationships while managing and accounting for necessary venue information. Visit venues on occasion to verify logistics data accuracy and/or run trainings for local vendors on how to use our tools.
- Customer Support -- Work directly with booked couples via their planning tool dashboard to guide them through our intentional planning process to ensure a successful event. Answer inquiries from couples and their vendors about their selected venue; turn responses into solutions that support service at scale.
- Event Oversight -- Monitor progress towards successful and sufficient completion of planning tasks of assigned couples; proactively mitigating risk, increasing confidence across stakeholders, and enabling critical response. Attend certain events to ensure success of tools/processes for accurate setup and event management.
- Develop Scalable Support Processes -- Synthesize lessons from previously booked events and translate those learnings into venue onboarding and planning tool improvements to more efficiently support future events. Implement systems to help collect the necessary wedding information from each couple to support successful events and enable event oversight.
- Wedding Planning; Outdoor Wedding Rentals; Customer Service; Outdoor Event Logistics; Account Management; Operations Management
- Process Creation; Planning and Coordination; Event Management; Hyper Organized
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer
At Mayflower Venues, we believe that everyone deserves a wedding that truly tells their story. We are convinced that we can make that dream a reality at scale through technology and automation, while at the same time preserving open, natural spaces by providing secondary income to our venue hosts. Our goal is nothing short of a wedding venue revolution.
We are looking for a senior full-stack engineer who will work directly with our Head of Technology to help scale our web platform. Are you excited by the idea of using your experience building web applications to make a long-lasting impact on couples' lives? Do you believe in iterating rapidly, considering constant customer feedback, and working together across the entire company to build the best possible product? Do you feel comfortable wearing several hats; writing code, patching immediate bugs, reviewing PRs, and expanding AWS-based infrastructure, all while becoming a product expert and owning are part of the company's future roadmap? If you said "yes" to most of those questions, this is likely the role for you.
- Building new applications from scratch, taking a customer need through design to prototype and iterating on it until customers love it.
- Automating business processes so that we can do more faster and with less people.
- Reviewing PRs from other team members to make sure new features are built in a flexible and maintainable way.
- Upgrading our web platform to handle more traffic with increased performance
- Integrating new technologies to scale our business to the next level.
You’ll be phenomenal in this role if you:
- Have at least 3 years professional experience with at-scale full-stack software development, including databases (any SQL dialect), React, NodeJS and SASS. Experience with GraphQL and AWS is also a plus.
- Are excited to be responsible for making sure our technology can keep up with rapid growth.
- Feel comfortable owning a piece of our roadmap, working directly with product, prioritizing projects, and then getting them implemented.
- Enjoy working autonomously and gaining detailed knowledge of the business and product goals.
- React, GraphQL, SASS
- NodeJS, MySQL, Redis
- AWS (many fully managed services and Lambda functions)
Beyond Boston Roles
Want to join Mayflower as we grow? We are looking for territory owners to build their own Mayflower Venues team in the following regions:
Mayflower Venues will provide a custom platform, venue onboarding toolkit and marketing support for your region. Over time you will be empowered to improve your local marketing and onboarding tools as well as lead hiring to grow your own venue and events support team. You will grow our network of premier open spaces in your region to become the next generation of truly unique and bespoke venues.
Call or Text: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)