Mayflower Venues: A High Impact, Consumer Facing, Tech Startup
The Mayflower Venues platform and event planning toolkit empower couples to create truly customized events using blank canvas spaces that reflect their values. These events in turn help to preserve the unique, open spaces (farms, family estates, orchards etc.) across New England. All team members are given the latitude to build, test and develop the processes and products they think will create the best experience for customers. You will be part of a fast moving and high impact role with lots of room to learn, grow and lead — working directly with our CEO, Head of Platform Operations and Head of Platform Technology to develop new products and shape future strategy and of the company.
Learn about our leadership team: , , and
Join the Team
Full Stack Software Engineering and Product Lead
We are looking for a passionate software engineer to help take our product and technology to the next level. As a member of our small team you will have an enormous impact on both our customers and our business. The products you build will make custom wedding planning a breeze, help our venue hosts make the extra money they need, and increase the efficiency with which our business runs.
Want to get close to the customer and create solutions to their problems? Excited to take full product ownership working on ideation, design, frontend, and backend? Prefer to get a new feature out quickly and iterate based on user feedback? This is definitely the role for you!
Want to take orders and have strict requirements handed down from on high? Prefer to architect the perfect solution before showing anything to the customer? Don't want anything to do with the frontend? This is role is absolutely not for you.
Our modern web stack includes React, React Native, GraphQL, NodeJS, SASS, AWS and MySQL but it is up to you to make sure we are using the best tools for the job.
- Build new features/products from scratch. Product design → MVP and beyond
- Talk with couples to ensure our products align with their need
- Generate and validate new product ideas
- Build tools to make our company move faster
- Refactor and improve our codebase, dev ops, and use of cloud technologies
- Visit venues to field test onboarding technology and learn from our venue hosts
Essential Skill/Experience Requirements:
- Experience as a full stack software engineer
- Interest in product / user experience design
- Ability to learn and work quickly
- Excited about meeting and learning from the customer
- Passionate about our mission
- Experience with a JS Framework
- Comfortable with database design and writing SQL queries
- Experience with Graphic Design or UI/UX
- Google Map/GIS experience or knowledge of spatial math
- Experience creating Native Apps (React Native, pure iOS or Android)
- Experience using AWS or other cloud platforms
Elsewhere in the U.S.
Want to join Mayflower as we grow? We are looking for territory owners to build their own Mayflower Venues team in the following regions:
Mayflower Venues will provide a custom platform, venue onboarding toolkit and marketing support for your region. Over time you will be empowered to improve your local marketing and onboarding tools as well as lead hiring to grow your own venue and events support team. You will grow our network of premier open spaces in your region to become the next generation of truly unique and bespoke venues.
Call Us: 1–833–MVenues (683–6837)